At St. Michael’s we follow the Diocesan scheme ‘Come and See’ for Religious Education. The beliefs and values studied in Catholic Religious Education inspire and draw together every aspect of the life of the Catholic School. Click on the link below to see what topics your child will be covering in the Come and See scheme during this year, 2019-2020.
Religious Education is taught for at least 10% of the weekly timetable. During lessons children learn about the Christian faith, stories from the Old and New Testament, reflect upon the scripture readings, consider links to their own and others’ experiences and take time to consider what they ‘wonder about’.
Each term we send home the Come & See overview newsletters to share with parents our topics and themes for each term and any feast days or other important dates.
Here are some of the other ways we support Religious Education in our school
- Learning about other faiths in Other Faiths Week
- Weekly Mass on a Wednesday in our school Chapel
- Chaplaincy team lead activities
- Year 6 attend the Youth Village as part of the Primary Festival
- Year 6 attend a retreat day to help prepare them for their next stage in their journey
- Class liturgies – each week the children plan and lead a class liturgy.
- Throughout the year parents are invited to join us in prayer at Stay and Pray sessions.
- Year 6 join lots of other schools from the diocese to celebrate our faith together and listen to inspirational speaker
Click here to visit our RE Curriculum Content page where you will find more information about our Intent and progression in RE.