Our School Mission Statement
‘Finding Christ in each other.’
‘Catholic Education is above all a question of helping
to form Christ in the lives of others.’
Pope John Paul II
The School aims to promote Catholic values based on the teachings of Christ and to bring all members of the school community – staff, children, parents and governors – closer to God through the daily practice of those values in all areas of school activity.
In the light of the above we intend to:
- Enrich the children’s understanding and living of their Catholic faith
- Provide an environment which fosters close partnership with parents/guardians and the Parish Community
- Promote the dignity and self-esteem of all who work in the school
- Develop the skills of resilience
- Teach the children about their local area and city of Durham
- Develop in each individual, respect, care and tolerance for one another
- Provide a curriculum in line with the distinctive nature of Catholic Education and one which meets National Curriculum requirements
- Meet the spiritual, academic, physical, social, moral and cultural needs of all pupils to enable them to reach their full potential.