Pupils have an important part to play in helping their school make decisions. In this section you will find information about some of the ways that we do this.
In School we value the children’s contribution and ideas. Here are some of the things we do to foster this:
- A getting along scheme – this helps children who are finding making and maintaining friendships tricky in school
- Buddy schemes – children in Year 6 are buddies to children in Reception to help them at lunchtimes and playtimes and also with children in Year 2 to support them with their reading.
- Children in Year 5 are reading buddies with children in Year 1. Children in Year 6 are buddies with Year 2.
- Playground leaders – several children are trained in playground leadership – they promote fair play and introduce games to the children at breaktimes.
- Anti Bullying Committee
- Sports Leaders
- Eco Council
- SNAG group
- Mini Vinnies
- School Council – Communications team – meet fortnightly to look at ways to improve our school
- Pupil suggestion boxes
- Pupil questionnaires
- School Improvement Plan – the children contributed to this sharing their ideas with Mrs Bruton.
If you require further information on any of the items shown in this section, please contact the school and we will do our best to help.