The Eco Warriors consist of a group of 13 children represented by all the school years ranging from class 1 to class 6. We meet regularly to discuss ways in which the school can become more environmentally friendly.
- To implement ways for the school to be eco-friendly, considering the 10 topics highlighted by Green Flag i.e. Water, Electricity, Waste, Litter, Biodiversity, School Grounds, Transport, Energy and Healthy Living. Marine is the NEW topic introduced by Green Flag.
- To educate the children on environment awareness, and how we can consciously take steps to help the environment, promoting sound environment behaviour in school and at home.
Welcome our new members to the Eco Warriors 2018/2019!
Noah Year 1
Layla Year 1
Tilly Year 2
Mia Year 2
Greg Year 3
Oliver Year 3
Elizabeth Year 3
Scarlett Year 4
Phoenix Year 4
Archie Year 5
Isabella Year 5
Lewis Year 6
Jack C Year 6
What have we done?
- The Eco Warriors were pleased to welcome Mrs Whitfield from CAFOD into St Michael’s. She gave them an interactive session into ‘Saving the World’, highlighting Pope Francis’ message to us all. The children enjoyed it and learned a lot from the session, with them all sharing ideas on how they help the environment, at home and school. (Photos Below)
- The children coloured in posters ready for our Eco Warrior display, with children kindly finishing them in their own time.
- The Eco-Warriors from the last school year, planted sunflowers for a competition, with entries being submitted this week. The tallest sunflower submitted gains £100 worth of vouchers for gardening equipment. Our sunflower measured at 244 cm (8ft), such a great achievement given the weather! We are waiting to hear the results….fingers crossed.
Archived Eco Council
You can view archived Eco Council events and information on our website.