Welcome to our School Council
All of our children are part of the school council.
Every week staff and children set questions to find out the children’s views or suggestions on things in school. Mrs Parker adds these questions to google forms and the children add their ideas to this.
The ideas are then used by our Head Teacher Mrs Bruton, or our school governors, or school staff or children.
Meet the Communication Team
Each class has 2 representatives on the Communication Team. The team meet with Mrs Parker and look at the ideas for things in school. It is the communication’s team job to approve the ideas.
To find out more information, please look at the notice board that shows some of the ideas in place.
School Council so far
School council have:
- chosen the golden time activities
- chosen activities for best behaved class award
- gathered ideas for playtimes and shared them with Mr Storey who ordered them
- set up a reading club with a borrowing library
- set up a running club
- conducted a survey to find out children’s favourite foods to add to the school menu
- encouraged healthy packed lunches in school by rewarding children with certificates and stickers
- been collecting 5ps for the St Cuthbert’s Bus Appeal
- helped the Esh Residents Association with litter picking