Stay and Pray Liturgies
During the year each of our classes lead us in Stay and Pray liturgies. Parents have come along to join us in a special time of prayer and reflection where we have been thinking about how we can prepare our hearts and make room for Jesus.
We are so looking forward to you joining with us in prayer again.
Who was St Vincent De Paul?
St.Vincent DePaul was born in France, 24th April 1581. He became a priest and dedicated himself to serving the poor.
So what is the Society of St Vincent de Paul?
The Society of St Vincent de Paul (SVP) has been engaging with young people and education since its earliest days.
The St Vincent de Paul Society helps people who are facing problems such as:
* Poverty: not enough money to pay for basic necessities.
* Hunger: some families have only one meal per day if they are lucky.
* Unemployment: sometimes parents have to go out every day and search for work.
* No home or poor quality housing: some families of 8 or more live in one room.
* No education: some families cannot pay for schooling or children cannot go to school because they need to work to help their parents feed the family.
Who are our SVP Representatives?
The Society of St Vincent de Paul has been engaging with young people and education since its earliest days. Today the SVP England & Wales is pleased to highlight its continuing strong links with young people, through the development of its new ‘Mini Vinnies’ programme.
Our Mini Vinnies are a group of children from across the key stage 1 and 2 who follow in the steps of St.Vincent in helping local charities and looking after other people in our school.
To find out more visit www.minivinnies.org.uk or click here to go to our Mini Vinnies page to find out what they have been doing.
The Chaplaincy Team are a group of Year 6 children who support the Catholic Life and Collective Worship in our school. Some of their roles include setting up the chapel each week for mass, helping in Collective Worship, monitoring child-led collective worship across school and supporting the Mini Vinnies in their fundraising.