The Gardening Gang are a group of avid gardeners who meet on a weekly basis to work with Mrs Spence and Barry, the school caretaker, to maintain the upkeep of the school gardens.
- To improve our school both in its appearance and environment
- Help others in school to engage with their surroundings and develop a sense of responsibility
- Teach others about environment and sustainability
- Build life skills such as, confidence, teamwork and communication
- Improve physical and mental well-being
The Gardening Gang are also registered with The RHS (The Royal Horticultural Society).
Lead – Mrs Spence
Garden Gang grow and sell our own produce, which is grown in our school garden. Every half term the Garden Gang hold a vegetable and plant sale for parents. All funds raised go towards new equipment for our school garden.
For regular updates please see our pupil group book located in the school corridor.
Garden Gang will taking part in a daffodil planting scheme which has been set up by the Angel trust charity. Updates will follow soon on our school Facebook and Twitter accounts.